WiMAX to constitute 40% of wireless broadband market

WiMAX and other emerging high-speed wireless technologies will capture more than 40% of the wireless broadband business over the next few years, leaving 3G with less than 60% of the market in 2009, according to TelecomView. WiMAX will pick up 70% of this high-speed wireless segment by 2009 due to its higher performance and flexibility compared to the alternatives. 3G will be important for its mobility, but WiMAX will directly compete with DSL.