Professional services firms spend 40% of their telecom budgets on wireless and data

Professional services firms, which employ attorneys, accountants, engineers, and other professionals, currently devote roughly 40% of their voice and data services spending to wireless, the other 60% to wireline. In-Stat expects the current stagnation in wireline services spending to continue while wireless services spending stays strong, experiencing double-digit annual growth rates. Wireless data services spending is expected to see a CAGR of 34%, with spending on wireless voice services experiencing a CAGR of 8%. Voice will still account for the bulk of wireless services spending in this vertical, but data will account for an increasing share, going from 14% of wireless spending in 2007 to 25% in 2011.