IBM Global Services is the top Western European services company

IDC ranked the top 10 services companies in Western Europe for 2003:

  1. IBM Global Services
  2. EDS
  3. Accenture
  4. HP Services
  5. Capgemini
  6. BT Global Services
  7. Siemens Business Services
  8. CSC
  9. Atos Origin
  10. T-Systems

The market is highly polarized, with the top 10 companies representing 29% of the market opportunity in 2003, and hundreds of vendors claiming the remaining 71%. IDC expects polarization to continue as the market matures, with the leading services players growing and increasing their dominance through organic growth and strategic acquisitions of niche and medium-sized firms.