55% of all Americans have broadband Internet access

77% of the home internet users – or 55% of all Americans – have high speed access via cable modem, DSL, a wireless connection, a satellite link or some other way, according to the Pew Internet Project. Some 18% of home users say they have dial-up access and 5% said they had some other type of access or did not know the specifics of their access at home. 64% of Americans have broadband access at home and/or at work. The remaining 36% either have dial-up access (13%) or no access at all (23%).