34% of US government telecom spending to go towards wireless

US government organizations, which include federal, state, and local governments, currently devote 34% of their voice and data services spending to wireless, the other 66% to wireline, In-Stat says. In the government vertical, wireless data services spending is expected to see a CAGR of 34%, with spending on wireless voice services experiencing a CAGR of 7%. Voice will still account for the bulk of wireless services spending in this vertical, but data will account for an increasing share, going from 28% of wireless spending in 2007 to 45% in 2011.